Working at Imagine That Publishing is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, creative and energetic company, with a success story that continues to grow.
To apply for any of the positions above, please email your CV and cover letter to Jo Fenn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a sensational sales person? Marvellous marketer? Dazzling designer? Excellent editor?
We are always interested in hearing from creative, passionate and driven individuals who want to work in the world of children’s books.
If you would like to make a speculative application for any of the departments listed below, please send a CV and covering letter to Jo Fenn at email@example.com
To further our ambitious growth plans we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced, and commercially aware Marketing Manager, who shares our passion for children’s books.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience working within the marketing team of an established children’s book publisher, now looking to take the step up to manage bigger picture objectives and to take ownership of the marketing strategy.
You will be responsible for managing the company’s marketing initiatives for our three imprints; Imagine That, Top That and Willow Tree.
What you’ll be doing
- Seek out creative ways to promote and market our three imprints in a cost-effective manner through direct-to-consumer channels.
- Spot opportunities for brand growth and give recommendations on how to best take advantage of them.
- Prepare product launches to maximise impact and try to influence others.
- Deliver highly effective marketing campaigns on time and on budget.
- Increase social media engagement.
- Identify Point of Sale opportunities for booksellers to help sales growth; FSDU, CDU, shelf talker, bookmarks, activity sheets etc
- Approve and oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Plan events in the book trade to promote our books, brand and authors.
- Establish marketing goals based on past performance and market forecasts.
- Research and analyse market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to form marketing strategies.
- Create presentations for key clients, and act as a representative for the marketing department in important buyer meetings.
- Track all marketing and sales data and create detailed written reports and verbal presentations to bring to senior executives.
- Take ownership and lead large projects with multiple stakeholders across the business and external parties.
- Plan, develop and implement effective marketing communication campaigns both for B2B and B2C.
- Meet individual quarterly targets and KPI’s
What you’ll need
- A passion for children’s books is essential!
- Excellent contacts within the publishing and bookseller community.
- Ambitious and keen to learn, with a creative mind.
- Strong design sense and the ability to brief creative as well as to write excellent copy.
- Self-motivated and ability to use initiative.
- Experience of setting and leading marketing strategy.
- Experience of working on integrated publication campaigns.
- Excellent communication, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to busy periods with a proactive and positive attitude.
Competitive Salary, Company Pension, 23 days holiday, Death in Service Policy, fitness clubs and social activities.
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit a Cover Letter, CV and current / expected salary to Jo Fenn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for review.
Working at Imagine That is challenging but fun - come and join an ambitious team in a supportive environment that strives to inspire children every day.