Working at Imagine That Publishing is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, creative and energetic company, with a success story that continues to grow.
We’re looking to recruit a Web Developer to expand our technical team. The job is working closely with the Head of Digital Development and you will form part of a small team involved in implementing the company’s strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the design and development of in house created IT systems, databases and online web-based products
- Communicating / interacting with members of the wider team, to understand their requirements
- Meet project goals and specifications in terms of time, cost and performance
- Process and respond to IT requests within defined timeframes
- Provide hands-on training and problem solving for users as required
What you’ll need to have
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and its associate languages
- Previous experience in a LAMP stack environment
- Be able to configure and maintain web hosting environments
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Experience of working within a technical role within a busy office based environment
- Flexible and adaptable with a proactive and positive attitude
- Professional, courteous manner
- Ability to remain calm, polite and patient in high-pressure situations
- Highly analytical, adaptable and flexible
- Self-motivated, ability to use initiative and provide pro-active support to users
- Ambitious and keen to learn
- Positive, enthusiastic and eager for success
- A professional attitude towards business practise
- Linux /Ubuntu Command Line & Bash Scripting
- Knowledge of Internet technologies including web services, systems integration, systems infrastructure and security issues
- Knowledge on graphic design using Photoshop, InDesign etc.
Are you a sensational sales person? Marvellous marketer? Dazzling designer? Excellent editor?
We are always interested in hearing from creative, passionate and driven individuals who want to work in the world of children’s books.
If you would like to make a speculative application for any of the departments listed below, please send a CV and covering letter to Jo Fenn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Working at Imagine That is challenging but fun - come and join an ambitious team in a supportive environment that strives to inspire children every day.