Working at Imagine That Publishing is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, creative and energetic company. Based in a beautiful part of Suffolk, five minutes walk from Woodbridge Train Station, we pride ourselves on having a strong family culture and publish over 300 children’s books a year aimed at the UK and International market.
To apply for any of the positions below, please email your CV and cover letter to Jo Fenn at email@example.com
CREDIT CONTROLLER; Part-time, 12 hours per week.
We are looking to expand our Finance Team with a Credit Controller. This is a new role working 12 hours per week, ideally spread over 3 days. The role will be reporting directly to the Finance Director and is a chance to join a publishing company with a reputation for innovative products and close ties to some of the leading retail brands in the US and the UK market.
- To assess new and existing customer credit worthiness and to negotiate payment plans for customers.
- To regularly review the customer overdue receipts report and chase overdue customers for payments to reduce overall company debt.
- To carry out all aspects of the customer credit insurance process, including new applications, updating insurance limits for existing customers and monitoring customer accounts as part of the claims process.
- To manage Foreign Rights contractual payments & liaise with the Production Team to ensure delivery is not held up.
- Providing customer credit references as and when requested.
- Dealing with internal queries about payments.
- To undertake legal action as and when required.
- To ensure that customers’ accounts are kept clean and tidy and that unallocated items are kept to a minimum.
- To resolve customer account queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- To help the Finance Team establish a database of customers’ finance department contacts.
- Meet individual quarterly targets and KPI’s.
- Contribute to business objectives.
Skills and experience required
- Proven experience in credit control.
- Proven experience in collection of outstanding invoices and reducing overall company debt
- The ability to listen to customers and to exercise calm balanced judgement and patience in order to negotiate solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially writing to customers whose first language is not English.
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of sales ledger accounting transactions.
- Proven organizational and time management with an ability to work to deadlines.
- Hands on, organised and accurate in working methodologies with an eye for detail.
- Passionate and hardworking personality.
- MS Office; advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- A professional attitude towards business practise.
PRODUCTION & SHIPMENTS CONTROLLER; Maternity Cover, full-time position but part-time will be considered.
- Managing International Logistics: Implementing, maintaining and managing the process from factory gate to customer destination
- Ensure production schedules fully meet customer requirements and are communicated, displayed and tracked for all Imagine That publications
- Develop and support the daily management cycle – quickly identifying tight deadlines, potential delays and helping to manage customer expectations. Communicating and escalating as appropriate and expediting problem resolution
- Understanding and implementing procedures for bespoke customer warehouse requirements
- Advising and creating clear instructions for the supply chain to follow
- Working closely with the Production Team for availability of finished goods
- Costing and getting best value for all International and domestic shipping/haulage rates
- Producing and approving carton, pallet, bespoke labels for all customers
- Recording and calling off short term storage of product awaiting delivery
- Arranging documentation that comply with country specific laws
- Booking in and notification to all customer and Imagine That warehouses
- Introducing “best practice” to meet or exceed customer expectation on deliveries
- To be part of the Production Team and assist in other areas within the office during peak season and busy times.
Skills and experience required
- Experience with International shipping and working to customer specific requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent time management
- Ability to prioritise
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to identify problems at an early stage and a good understanding of printing, shipping and freight forwarding.
- A passionate and hardworking personality
- Positive, enthusiastic and eager for success
- A professional attitude towards business practice
- Good MS Word and Excel skills, Exchequer skills an advantage
FOREIGN RIGHTS SALES EXECUTIVE; Permanent, full-time position but part-time will be considered.
- Sell co-edition and translation rights across all children’s lists
- Maximise rights sales turnover and profit for agreed territories, reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Research and identify prospective new customers and exploit potential for sales growth
- Managing a range of accounts to meet targets agreed and set at the beginning of the financial year
- Ongoing Customer relationship building with key accounts, both new and existing
- Target New Business Opportunities
- Highlight customer and industry trends with a view to sales growth in international markets.
- Demonstrate awareness of competitors in the market place for the whole market, carrying out regular competitor research.
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Meet individual quarterly sales targets and KPI’s
- Attend book fairs and undertake regular sales trips to allocated territories
Skills and experience required
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Preferably publishing industry experience. If not, a passion for books with a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
- Fluency in a second language is desirable
- First-class communication and negotiation skills and fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Financially and commercially astute
- Proven organizational, time management and strategic planning skills
- A professional attitude towards business practise
- Determined, positive and a team player
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Working at Imagine That Publishing is challenging but fun!
Join a team with a real family feeling and start making a difference to the next generation of readers!