Working at Imagine That Publishing is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, creative and energetic company. Based in a beautiful part of Suffolk, five minutes walk from Woodbridge Train Station, we pride ourselves on having a strong family culture and publish over 300 children’s books a year aimed at the UK and International market.
To apply for any of the positions below, please email your CV and cover letter to Jo Fenn at email@example.com
CREDIT CONTROLLER; Part-time, 12 hours per week.
We are looking to expand our Finance Team with a Credit Controller. This is a new role working 12 hours per week, ideally spread over 3 days. The role will be reporting directly to the Finance Director and is a chance to join a publishing company with a reputation for innovative products and close ties to some of the leading retail brands in the US and the UK market.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- To assess new and existing customer credit worthiness and to provide this information to the sales team on a regular basis;
- To regularly review the customer overdue receipts report and chase overdue customers for payments;
- To manage Foreign Rights payments & liaise with the Production Team;
- To negotiate payment plans for customers as and when required;
- To undertake legal action as and when required;
- To ensure that customers’ accounts are kept clean and tidy and that unallocated items are kept to a minimum;
- To resolve customer account queries in a timely and efficient manner;
- To help the Finance Team establish a database of customers’ finance department contacts;
- To carry out all aspects of the customer credit insurance process, including new applications, updating insurance limits for existing customers and monitoring customer accounts as part of the claims process;
- Providing customer credit references as and when requested;
- Dealing with internal queries about payments;
- Meet individual quarterly targets and KPI’s;
- Contribute to business objectives.
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience in a financial role, in particular credit control;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially writing to customers whose first language is not English;
- The ability to listen to customers and to exercise calm balanced judgement and patience in order to negotiate solutions that benefit all parties;
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of sales ledger accounting transactions;
- Proven organizational and time management with an ability to work to deadlines;
- Hands on, organised and accurate in working methodologies with an eye for detail;
- Passionate and hardworking personality;
- MS Office; advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- A professional attitude towards business practise.
A passion for children’s books is essential!
Working at Imagine That Publishing is challenging but fun!
Join a team with a real family feeling and start making a difference to the next generation of readers!