Working at Imagine That Publishing is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, creative and energetic company. Based in a beautiful part of Suffolk, five minutes walk from Woodbridge Train Station, we pride ourselves on having a strong family culture and publish over 300 children’s books a year aimed at the UK and International market.
To apply for any of the positions below, please email your CV and cover letter to Jo Fenn at email@example.com
FOREIGN RIGHTS SALES EXECUTIVE; Permanent, full-time position but part-time will be considered.
- Sell co-edition and translation rights across all children’s lists
- Maximise rights sales turnover and profit for agreed territories, reaching and exceeding sales targets
- Research and identify prospective new customers and exploit potential for sales growth
- Managing a range of accounts to meet targets agreed and set at the beginning of the financial year
- Ongoing Customer relationship building with key accounts, both new and existing
- Target New Business Opportunities
- Highlight customer and industry trends with a view to sales growth in international markets.
- Demonstrate awareness of competitors in the market place for the whole market, carrying out regular competitor research.
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Meet individual quarterly sales targets and KPI’s
- Attend book fairs and undertake regular sales trips to allocated territories
Skills and experience required
- Previous experience managing customer accounts within a sales environment with strong sales and negotiation skills
- Preferably publishing industry experience. If not, a passion for books with a desire to develop a career within the publishing industry
- Fluency in a second language is desirable
- First-class communication and negotiation skills and fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Financially and commercially astute
- Proven organizational, time management and strategic planning skills
- A professional attitude towards business practise
- Determined, positive and a team player
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Working at Imagine That Publishing is challenging but fun!
Join a team with a real family feeling and start making a difference to the next generation of readers!